We often use the phase, “we wouldn’t be an art center without our artists.” Our mountain community is surrounded by beauty, which attracts artists to want to live and work here. Creating a space for our artists to work benefits both the artists and the greater community.
- Creation of artists’ networks, which lead to better access to information and resources.
- Affordable space to create and store their art and art supplies
- “Last Fridays”: community event allowing the artists to sell their artwork and keep 100% of the profits
- Heightened awareness of artists as a viable professional group
- Peer-to-peer artists critiques
- Mentoring opportunities
- CAE would have access to more instructors for classes and camps
- Positioning artists with an art center creates energy and sparks the imagination